I had been a planner as long as I can remember , and it wasn’t something that came naturally but rather it was my solution to hereditary bad memory. But thanks to some great planning strategies, I have made it up till here with two kids under two without losing my memory or my sanity . And because I am extremely kind, I am going to list all my tips and tricks so that you don’t have to go through the trial and error phase, WINK .
My Top planning tips
- Home cleaning schedule , weekly meal plans and weekly kid activity schedule are your best friend post motherhood . So take out some time on the weekend to get them sorted for a smooth week ahead.
- Create consistent routines for your household. We have a morning , afternoon , evening and night routine.
- As a mom I really find dividing my days chores into home , self , betu and misc.
- Having a weekly goal/chore list rather than a daily chore list has been of a lot of help lately because post baby life is really unpredictable so it’s sort of comforting to know that you can take a day off and get things done over the course of the week.
- Every night take out five to ten minutes to create a simple , nothing fancy kinda to-do list for the next day. One of the best apps that I swear by for keeping a to-do list is @todoistofficial .And of course the Google calendar is great for reminders waggaira.
- Work in blocks of time and use @forestapp and @engross_app to work productively with zero distraction .
- Be realistic, you are only human and you are bound to have those days when you just can’t do it all. So take it slow, when you need to.
And this my friend is all about my planning strategies. I hope you find it useful. Are you a planner ?? What is your best kept planning secret, if I may ask WINK ???